Thank you to the very talented crafters that are joining me in taking part – so sit back spread your wings and get ready to fly !
I am away for the 2 days of this hop so i do hope that all goes smoothly but please be patient if some posts are not appearing on the line up as with the time differences for some of the participants there could be small delays - but please do keep checking back.
The theme for this hop is National Fairy Day so our projects had to be creations depicting Fairies in any shape, form or style.
Right then i shall wave my magic wand and we shall begin - yes i do have magic wand - for some that will come as no suprise what so ever !!!
It is a double box easel card.
The easel part of the card is a standard easel style
but it has 2 small matchbox size boxes on the
front to act as the stopper to keep the easel up.
The papers used are from Dovecraft piece of cake range. The peel offs are from pinflair flexi bend
The topper is a decoupage sheet from crafters
companion flower fairy cd and it is cut and layered
together using pinflair glue.
The fairy and flowers are then glittered and glazed for
The ribbons and buttons are from my stash. The little boxes can be used for sweets or tealight candles or other small gifts to pass onto its recipient.
I stamped out the image onto shrink plastic,coloured her in copic markers and punched a small hole at the top. I then heated the plastic with my heat gun to shrink it.
Once shrunk and i was happy with it (as it took 4 attempts) i then created a beaded necklace and hung the shrink plastic charm onto a bale onto the necklace. I then made matching earrings from the leaf beads. Easy peasy and only took under an hour to make.
I have the candle placed in my fireplace area alongside my candytuft ornament. I made the candle by stamping the image onto tissue paper then colouring it with copics. I then carefully cut out the image leaving a small edge. Placed this onto the candle and heated it on a low heat with my heat gun to melt the tissue paper.
Once dry i then added glitter to her wings.
For decoration i have added a ribbon, some flowers and leaves and a pearlised hat pin.
My 7th last project is an anklet that i made the other day. I had a previous silver anklet with a fairy on it but it broke - it was such a lovely thing but never mind. So i wanted to replace it so i got some Believe charms and some sparkle beads and added them onto the anklet instead. It is now wearable again and its tinkles and glitters when i move !
Ok thats it for today - wow 7 fairy projects – roll on tomorrow for even more ! hope you like them and id appreciate it if you could leave me a comment.
Here is the blog line up in case you get lost along the way.
- Me – http://creationsbygillm.blogspot.com/ -
- Alethea - http://lilodesigns.blogspot.com/
- Emily –http://createserendipity.blogspot.com/
- Janice – http://cricutconfessions.com/
- Denise -http://vintageheartfeltdesigns.blogspot.com/
- Linda – http://thefruitofmyhands.blogspot.com/
- Anita – http://anitaandbugs.blogspot.com/
- Leslie - Rahye http://www.leslierahye.blogspot.com/
- Jackie - http://jackiesscrappinpad.blogspot.com/
- Amanda - http://ajsarts.blogspot.com/
- Theresa -http://www.thescrapbookingqueen.com/
- Shannon - http://purplelionpaper.com/blog
- Haidee - http://created2bunique.blogspot.com/
- Maria - http://justgetscraphappy.blogspot.com/
- Jacki – http://cardsbyjacki.blogspot.com/
- Jenn R –http://memorieswithjen.blogspot.com/
- Cynthia - http://cynchronicity.wordpress.com/
- Valerie – http://canonburycreations.blogspot.com/
- Dawn - http://dawnsdesignsthatdelight.blogspot.com/
So now please fly on over to http://lilodesigns.blogspot.com which is the next blog in the hop where you will find another lovely fairy creation from Alethea.